• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Engine questions

EP-ATL

The boat is a 1980 model 25+. I've had it about 2 years and now having to do some work on the engine. Can't seem to find any documentation on it, photo attached. Does anyone recognize if this engine is an original. Who would have been the mfg?

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,983

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Serial-Production Numbers

Take a look all over it, and find the serial or production numbers for it. Then contract the guys at Torrenson Marine , and see if they can interpret it for you. Most engine manufacturers follow a specified set of numbers and letters - so you can identify who built it - maybe.

Good Luck -

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
On the photo

Also - you might want to re-size your photo and then edit your post (putting in the new picture). There are limits to the size of the image you can put on the posts...

Thanks,
//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Kind of engine...

Is this a shaft drive inboard with stuffing box, strut and prop? Saildrive? Gas? Diesel?
From the photo, it almost looks like a 2 cylinder rotary.... (??)
I am quite puzzled.
More info please...

Loren

Troy Gattis

Engine Photo

The engine in this photo is an OMC zephyr saildrive. Any luck you have with finding parts or info let me know.I have this engine in my 25+ and knock on teakwood I don't need any parts but you never know. I do know that you can close the petcock valve at the bottom front and totally remove the upper section while the boat is in the water, to make any repairs easier than being a contorsionist, I rebuilt /cleaned my carb after about 2yrs of nobody(PO) running the engine.It is the original engine.I also live in the Atlanta area, boat is at Aqualand on Lanier.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Saildrive Info

Ahhhh, so ~that's~ what those engines look like, eh? The info I have for Saildrive is:

The address for OMC Saildrive Manuals is
Ken Copok Co.
Literature Distribution Center
9929 W. Silver Spring Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53225
Telephone: 414-466-6060

Bombardier will also give you good part numbers for the asking and you can go to your local dealer and order the parts. Telephone: 847-689-7090 or 1-800 888-4662.

Good Luck! :)

//sse