• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Trip South

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Hello, My wife and I are starting to make plans to fly (Airplane) down from Spokane, Wa to Aliso Viejo sometime this winter for a visit with my brother.
Any recommendations for a day-charter? Seems only prudent to go for a sail since we will be close to salt water in comfortable weather. Thanks ahead of time for any recommendations from Southern Cal.

windjunkee

Member III
Kim,

I can point you in the direction of a place called "Marina Sailing", which is a membership charter club but I know the owner and should be able to get you out on a boat. The best boat selection is out of Long Beach, but there is also an office in Newport Beach with about 10 or 12 different boats to choose from.

Let me know if you want me to make a call or two for you

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Jim,
Thank you for your response. I didn't intend for someone to go to a bunch of work/time on our behalf. Especially since we are not positive for sure when we will be visiting (for sure this winter probably sometime after Christmas and before Jan 10th). However, if you have time and the inclination, I would appreciate some help. If nothing else, purhaps just a contact number and I can do the footwork. Thanks again.

tramp

Member I
Kim,

I live in the next town over from your brother and have an E34 in Dana Point. This harbor is very close to where you will be staying. I also skipper for Dana Island Yachts. Usually Catalina 36's. Here is the web site to check out. http://danaislandyachts.com
Let me know if and when you are coming down, we can work out something to get you afloat. Either bareboat charter with Dana Island or maybe on my
E34.

Dave Moore
davidemoore@cox.net

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Hi Dave,

My brother has been trying to lure us down to his area and has mentioned that we have to go to Dana Point. Hmmm. Ericson 34/Catalina 36. Easy decision. Never had the opportunity to sail an Ericson 34. We had a Catalina 30 for 9 years and really enjoyed it until we made the mistake of "test sailing" the E 35-3. Hooked from the start and glad we made the change.

Thank you for your response and offer for the Dana Point charter/Ericson 34 idea.

Any thoughts on what you would charge for a day sail? Not being familiar with the area, I don't think I would want to do a bareboat for one day. It might take me a whole day to just get out of the Harbor!

My work email is kschoedel@aiains.com and look forward to hearing from you.