• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

anyone have their ericson in charter service?

Jeff Meier

Member II
i'm considering this as a means of keeping the boat vs selling it because now my wife and i are expecting a baby due next spring and i expect we won't have a lot of time for sailing. it already is hard to justify the monthly expenses sometimes because we only use it a few times a month, when the baby is here i think that will get worse.

anyway, i'm looking into options and i think putting the boat up for charter could cover the costs and i would still be able to go sailing sometimes when i have time. any advice on this? other options??

thanks

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
How about looking for a partner?

If you chartered, I'd be worried about the wear on the boat. If you have trouble finding time for the boat now, you'd probably have more maintenance to do if it were in charter service. Renters don't care for an item the way owners do, and they can't know the boat as well as owners.

But if you got a partner, you could cut your cost and maintenance time in half, and the only other people sailing the boat would also be owners, so they'd care for the boat.

Just an idea.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
set up an s corp, and bring in two or three partners....split the costs, flow the gains/losses to your 1040 form...i would like to find a group like this w/an e38 1985-1990 west coast.......we do this w/a cessna here in colorado...we have 5 members...it has worked out well, so far...:cool:

How about looking for a partner?

If you chartered, I'd be worried about the wear on the boat. If you have trouble finding time for the boat now, you'd probably have more maintenance to do if it were in charter service. Renters don't care for an item the way owners do, and they can't know the boat as well as owners.

But if you got a partner, you could cut your cost and maintenance time in half, and the only other people sailing the boat would also be owners, so they'd care for the boat.

Just an idea.