• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailing-Themed Reality Show Looking for Participants

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Sailing-Themed Reality Show Looking for Participants
:confused:
Posted by John Callender on August 1st, 2006 at 11:07 pm
This arrived in the mailbag a while ago. I’m passing it along in case any of you all are interested:

Subject: Dreamboat
Date: July 20, 2006 2:18:10 PM PDT
To: feedback@socalsail.com

County Line Productions is producing a show called “Dreamboat” for CMT. The
series is similar to pimp my ride or trick my truck but for boats. We are
looking for heartwarming stories of people in need of a boat repair. Is
there anywhere I can post this request on your website? If so, anyone with a
good story can email boatrenovations@yahoo.com. In addition, we are also
looking for a cast of boat shop workers who work in one shop and can
renovate our boats. Thanks for your help.

Talia Berman
Associate Producer

This is from: http://www.socalsail.com/wp/

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I had my ten year house building project completed in ten days on a NBC reality TV show, I guess it would be a bit much to ask that my boat be part of a reality makeover.
Would it not take a little away from the boating experience to have someone do the work for you.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
"Pimp My Boat"

I pretty much have my boat the way I want her now but it would be nice to have new gel coat, a new Yanmar, chart plotter and a flat screen TV. If this show turns out to be anything like "Pimp My Ride" they just might put in a sauna and jacuzzi.:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I can almost hear (PBS Brit Com) Mrs Bucket proclaiming that "People do not behave like that in OUR postal code!"

Hey Sean, how 'bout a climate-controled wine celler??
And a DVD system showing only reruns of Masterpiece Theatre?

:egrin:

Loren

Last edited:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Can you imagine sailing a boat with green and orange alligator pattern custom paint on the freeboard and a pit group in the salon that is crushed velvet, the main hatch folds up and is a flat screen, the sheets all lead to a bank of electric winches and the running rigging has ribbon lights leading to a disco ball on the mast head. Don’t forget the turbo 454 inboard with a 19” 23 pitch prop, four blade of course.

I will work through my own problems and finish my E29 the way I want it. I do plan flat screen and built in air installs this winter, the tube TV takes up more room than I want to give up. The DVD and surround sound are there already.

New sails and a bottom job are in the works on the practical side.

As one who has lived the reality TV, the house is wonderful and allows much more boat time but my boat is a part of me and I would be nervous letting a group of ratings driven people play with my boat.