• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sure, it's a pic from space, but is that...

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Where there's smoke.......

John,
Your link to the Catalina picture has another very distinct feature; a massive smoke cloud from our wild fire! The smoke in this shot is blowing offshore, so it is a "Santa Ana" wind. It is opposite of the prevailing northerly or NW wind. The northern Channel Islands are completely obscured by the smoke. Sunday I hosed layers of ashes off my boat (beneath the smoke cloud in the picture), but there may be more now.
Keith
P.S. This is the fire that has been burning since Labor Day - 3 weeks now!

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Golden Gate upsidedown

Also, the shot of the Golden Gate is oriented with South at the top of the picture. Nice shot, though. Lottsa boats!
Keith

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yup, That's Catalina all right.

Yup, That's Catalina all right and the almost Month long "Day" fire. Glad it's being blown North.

Shot also shows San Clemente Island to the South of Catalina, Santa Barbara Island (the small one) and San Nicholas Island to the North.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Very cool! I found some excellent images of Vancouver, BC down to Portland, OR! We have access to sat shots at school - ones where you can see the horizon/curve of the earth. I'll have to look into them and see if I find anything interesting...

//sse