• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

17th Annual Buccaneer Days at Two Harbors

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
October 7th 2006 :jollyroge :jollyroge

17th Annual Buccaneer Days at Two Harbors!:jollyroge :jollyroge
http://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/twoHarbors/

For that little bit of Pirate in each of us, join the Buccaneers of "2006" for a great day of fun. Don your best pirate attire for the costume contest and compete in the Treasure Hunt for the Grand Prize. Enjoy great food and dance the night away!

Hey, do any of you So Cal Ericson owner's have any experience at this event? I have some friends that want to go but I am concerned about mooring availability. Will it be packed? Do you think I will get a can if I go over on Friday the 6th?:confused:

Any body here going?:jollyroge :jollyroge

Oh my God, check this link out for photos. Looks Crazy. http://www.pubclub.com/losangeles/buccaneer.htm

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
More Info on Buccaneer Days!

Arrrrrrr!

This chant echoes through the coves and over the hills of Catalina Island's Two Harbors the first of October each year like the sound of cannons thundering on the high seas back in the 1800s.
Except that here there's nothing to plunder, aside from other party boats and the bar.
And plunder the people do, for two to three days during the annual ritual knows as Buccaneer Days. Everyone is dressed in pirate costumes and the booty they seek is not gold, silk or other treasures. It's rum, wild times and hanging with other modern-day buccaneers, whose attire ranges from incredible thousand-dollar-plus full-decked outfits to bandits sporting bandanas, eye patches and brandishing plastic swords. Arrrrg!
Pirate Provisions**•*A boat with /pirate flag*• Pirate wardrobe (all out the better)*• Mardi Gras beads (the wilder, the better) *• On-board beverages for hosting Pirate parties. (Hint: PubClub prefers dark rum.)*• Make reservations for dinner on Friday and Saturday night at the restaurant (this can be done on shore)*• Clean public showers are on shore; .25 for 90 seconds.*• Buccanner Days 2006 is Oct. 7
They stay on sail and powerboats – the only other accommodations on remote Two Harbors are a 12-room B&B and a campground – and motor around the harbor on dingys, kayaks or canoes. Most of the time, with cocktail in hand, they are headed to pillage drinks from other boats. It's hardly a scene as wild as that of Lake Travis in Texas, but it's a spirited environment where cocktails are at the ready as readily as a sword or pistol was for the real pirates.
On shore, entertainment awaits at the single bar, which is no more than a wooden deck. (It's attached to the only restaurant, called the Harbor Reef; hey, we said this place was remote!). A band plays on a small stage, people dance under the stars, get drunk at the plastic tables or crowd around the bar with friends and fellow pirates.

*The "crooked" costumes turn Two Harbors crazy each October.
Actually, there is second bar at the back of the Harbor Reef, which offers a bit of relief from the crowded outer bar. And in 2005, it was crowded. Day and night the deck was packed, as was the surrounding area. The more the merrier!?
While Buccaneer Days can last up to five days – diehards arrive Wednesday and may not leave until Monday – it's pretty much a weekend affair. The big day is Saturday. It has a few small activates but the action is at the bar. The pirating begins around noon and lasts until late at night. A band plays all day, the bar deck is swayin' and beautiful "wenches" serve up navy grogs from a portable drink stand. Arrrrg!

*Think outdoor Halloween party with everyone dressed in the same theme.
Besides being 200 years too late, most of these 200-plus modern-day pirates (and wenches ordamsels in distress) are over-40 victims of fate. But for those who go for younger women (and men) there's enough 20s and 30s to fill a modest pirate chest. Unlike the days of yore, everyone gets along without regard to age.
With only about a hundred moorings, Two Harbors starts filling up on Thursday (well, PubClub has actually sailed on Wednesday) and by late morning Friday it is full. This forces people around the cove to what is known as the Fourth of July or some four miles away to Emerald Bay. Some boats just anchor in Two Harbors. The campground ($12 per person, per night for a campsite, limited cabins also available) also fills up so make a reservation at least a week in advance (310-510-8368 or on-line at the Catalina Web Site)

*Stars on the water: Buccaneers drinking in dingys headed to a boat party.
A water taxi provides transpiration to shore ($3 each way), which is what most people take in at night. Otherwise, the dingy dock can get quite interesting around 2 in the morning.
Buccaneer Days is for party pirates.
Perhaps in these modern times their occupation is just not around.But they certainly don't wear a frown.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Makes me feel tired and hung over just looking at the photos.

Yeah,

Makes me feel tired and hung over just looking at the photos. Think I may have to pass.:esad: