• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericsons all over the place...

cawinter

Member III
I just got back from a very nice Advanced Coastal Cruising Course (ASA) on my 34. We went to Manhasset, Oyster Bay, Cold Springs Hbr, Northport and Lloyd. There most have been some rift in the universe when at some point I saw a 30, a 32 and a 38 all around us. Did I miss some kind of spontaneous get together? Was it a folded view of the West Coast meetings? Great weekend after the storms settled. We made about 150 nm in the five days. For anyone in the NJ/CT/NY area, this is a great little cruising ground.

Still baffled by all those helmets...

CaptnNero

Accelerant
averaging E33.5

My what a special moment that was. We see quite a few on the Chesapeake but never all togther like that.
cawinter said:
...at some point I saw a 30, a 32 and a 38 all around us...

chrism

Inactive Member
I remember saying the exact same thing on this board last summer after my sail to those ports... it's weird, in my harbor, which has a LOT of sailboats, we're the only Ericson...:esad:

SAILSHIGH

Member III
I see Ericsons.....

All,

Even here in the midwest my wife and I see Ericsons all the time. On our lake here in Oklahoma. There are three at our Marina alone. THe marina I moved over from had four. Our friends who sail a E 36 RH said he thought there were 10-15 on the lake. I happen to love this boat and I find Ericson owners to be friendly "Hows it goin" type of people. They all seem to enjoy the community of ownership.

So if you are on Grand Lake Of The Cherokees and a 1975 E29 "Sails Call" pulls by, give me a wave, and lets grab a beer.

Wes Zimmerman
1975 E 29 "Sails Call"
Grand Lake Oklahoma:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

knewthomas

the rift moved north this weekend

Yesterday afternoon we were sailing our 38 on Narragansett Bay when I spotted two other Ericsons sailing nearby on either side of us. We were surrounded by our own kind! I can't imagine there were many more on the bay yesterday and we were all happened to be in the same place at the same time. I think one was a 1970's vintage 27 or 29 with a transom mounted rudder?? and the other looked like a 34. We also saw another 38 earlier in the day. Rob said it belongs to someone on this board. I guess it's another viking invasion of Newport!

JohnK

Member II
Hi,
I was out in my E38 yesterday going north in the West Passage towards Allen Harbor. Maybe you saw me? I didn't see any other Ericsons around though, but then again I forgot my glasses so don't take my word for it. It was sweet sailing on the Bay yesterday!

knewthomas

Probably you!

Hi John,
I'm sure it was you! We spent the night in the NE corner of Dutch. The 38 we saw was heading out of the Harbor towards the bridge. We were still kicking back when you were heading out. We pulled anchor after the wind shifted to the SE about 1ish. We sailed out around Beavertail and up the East Passage. About 4ish we were north of Gould Island near Jamestown with the confluence of Ericsons. The other 2 were heading south while we were aiming our shot across to Allens Harbor (our home port). After lots of work this summer, we can finally say we had the PERFECT day sailing yesterday! Glad you did too.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
25 or 30

The 2 E-boats with outboard rudders were the 70's vintage 25 and the 30-2..

S