• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Chicago-Mac

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Mac race starts tomorrow!

During the Chicago-Mackinac race, you will be able to watch our progress up the lake on the web at :http://www.fistracking.com/mac/index.html as we will have a transponder on board. We will be racing in the Beneteau First 36.7 section. The name of the boat is Karma. Go to Chicago YC's website, and you can look up more details on the race if you care to.

We start around noon Saturday, and hope to finish midday Monday. It should be worth watching Saturday night, Sunday, Sunday night and Monday am.

The weather will be "interesting" to say the least...

BTW- Someone from the PNW sent me a T shirt (thanks!!), but I have misplaced the paperwork and don't want to stiff anyone. Would that kind person please email me and tell me how much and where to send a check?

Best,
S

Last edited:

Ed Valente

Member II
Mac Race

Seth, Good luck. Not that you guys need it based on last years performance. I'll be racing on "Further" the old Karma (Ben 33.7). Hope to be in Mon early evening. Save a seat at the Pony for me. Dionysus (Olson 911SE) will be taking this year off, with plans to make a triumphiant return next year.

Ed.

Mindscape

Member III
Good luck

Good luck to both of you! Hope the weather is good and not just 'interesting' as Seth mentioned. May the flies not find you and the winds be fair.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I also wish good winds to all of you. I wonder if your weather is now changed by having that big heat wave from the mid-West wander over to us. It is going for a record here in PDX -- triple digits today and tomorrow.
Don't get hurt and try not to break anything!

:)

Loren

valentor

Member II
Karma leads the 36.7 section in the Chicago MAC

Congratulations Seth! You seem to have done it again.

The preliminary results indicate that Karma (the 36.7 Seth is sailing on) appears to have won their section by more than a half hour and placed 14th overall in the Chicago MAC.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
One tired cowboy

Thanks Steve, Loren, Frank, Ed, etc.! Fun race-very cool to be a giant killer!!

The weather WAS interesting, but we seem to have been in the right place at the right time..

Where was "Ro-goo", Steve? Tell me what happened-I am still hoping to take the boat out for a spin this year!!!

BEST,
S

Bob in Va

Member III
Luck

Sounds like you guys got "lucky" again. When are you going to take a year off and let the others have a shot at it? Congrats for sure!