• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wednesday July 12 - cross to Avalon

Mikebat

Member III
I visited Avalon for the first time last week. I sailed out by myself on Wednesday the 12th, and it was the best sail ever. First time I've crossed the channel by myself, too. Valinor was on rails. I hardly had to touch the wheel, but for the occasional persistent lift or header. Hull speed the whole way. I don't have my wind instrument mounted yet, but I'd guess it was 15 kts. What a great day!

My nephews came out to the island the next morning by ferry and we had a great time until Saturday, when we motored back. No wind at all, it was glass. I had a mooring in Descanso bay the whole time. I had an opportunity to move inside, but the odds were high that I'd be kicked out by an owner on Friday, so I stayed where I was. Friday night we had a great breeze blowing off the island, I guess it was like a chubasco in the Gulf of California. They shut down the shore boat service, it was blowing so hard. But I was snug on the mooring and the breeze was really refreshing.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Nice, the 1st trip is always interesting...careful of the winds...every once and a while they get hectic over ther....:egrin:

Mikebat said:
I visited Avalon for the first time last week. I sailed out by myself on Wednesday the 12th, and it was the best sail ever. First time I've crossed the channel by myself, too. Valinor was on rails. I hardly had to touch the wheel, but for the occasional persistent lift or header. Hull speed the whole way. I don't have my wind instrument mounted yet, but I'd guess it was 15 kts. What a great day!

My nephews came out to the island the next morning by ferry and we had a great time until Saturday, when we motored back. No wind at all, it was glass. I had a mooring in Descanso bay the whole time. I had an opportunity to move inside, but the odds were high that I'd be kicked out by an owner on Friday, so I stayed where I was. Friday night we had a great breeze blowing off the island, I guess it was like a chubasco in the Gulf of California. They shut down the shore boat service, it was blowing so hard. But I was snug on the mooring and the breeze was really refreshing.