• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Santa Barbara for the 4th

HGSail

Member III
Is anybody going up to Santa Barbara for the fireworks? I will be going up with my son on Monday the 3rd and coming back on the 5th.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

bigtyme805

Member III
Hey Pat are you going to get a guest slip or anchor? I live in Santa Barbara but sail out of Channel Islands. The slip prices are so crazy. Just priced a 25 ft slip and it's around 25-29k. Of course that does not include slip fees. I may brake down and get one. Could probably get out 3x a week rather than 1x. Santa Barbara allows 3 ft overhang.

I am thinking about going myself and getting a guest slip. I remember it being first come first serve. Could be wrong about that.

HGSail

Member III
Hey Don,
I'll be anchoring. Hopefully it won't be to crowded on Monday afternoon and we'll be able to get as close to the pier as possible. I was talking to Brian Fagen (writer of the Channel Islands Cruising book) a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned that Santa Barbara was going to the big boats. More and more they were forcing the smaller boats out and that's why he relocated down to Ventura. I just can't see myself paying that much for a slip, Hell it still gripes me that we have to pay for a can at Catalina. I remember when you just took a moooring and if the owner came by he just "Bumped " you off and you went to another one. Nobody got mad or anything like that, You just moved. And the boat owner had control over the mooring not the county.

Sooo.. After that nice little rant. We'll be leaving monday morning around 7 or 8 motor for awhile a maybe get in a little sail around noon into Santa Barbara or with a little luck maybe sooner. And we will head back on Weds. late morning.

Hope to see you there

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

bigtyme805

Member III
You are right about that Pat. Things have really gone down hill. What I have learned is that the fee that the slip goes for is to keep the lower class out because they buy these buckets and the harbor looks like crap. That is what I am told. Hope to see you there.

HGSail

Member III
That's to bad. I was told that they were going to get rid of the A anchorage out side the harbor and replace it with mooring that they could then rent out to cruisers. I don't know if this would eliminate anchoring at Santa Barbara all together or not. But if it does, I won't be going up there any more. I can see getting rid of the derelict boats, But force charging?

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole