• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Huge Gear Sale and Auction - June 24th

Dan Hayes

Member III
For those of you not aware of it, Orange Coast College School of Sailing and Seamanship has a huge annual Gear Sale and Boat Auction, in June. This year's event will be held on June 24th, at their maintenance facility at the college (NOT at the Sailing Center in Newport). The address and info is below.

Donated items both new and used can be found, along with tons of stuff that have been removed from boats donated to the school - everything from EPIRB's and emergency strobes to fenders, sextants, radios, lifejackets, sails, sewing machines, flares - you name it. The prices are nothing short of amazing.

The gear sale starts at 08:00, but I would recommend showing up by 07:15 or so, as there is a huge crowd that pretty much imitates the Oklahoma Land Rush when they unlock the gates. You want to be in the front when the tide turns, let me tell you...

After the gear sale is the Boat Auction, for dinghies, a few power boats, and some sailing dinghys and sailboats on trailers. Some larger items, like satellite communication systems and radar arrays are also sold at the auction. Last time there were two brand new Walker Bay's hard dinghy/inflatable combos that were a great deal. Who knows what you'll find - but it's worth a drive to Costa Mesa.

Here is the link to the school site:

http://www.occsailing.com/pages/boatsforsale/auction/index.html

Remember, the event is at OC College's maintenance center in Costa Mesa, not the sailing center in Newport!

Annual Marine Gear Sale & Boat Auction
NEW DATE: Saturday, June 24, 2006

Boats, gear, sails - we have it all! This is a liquidation of boats and equipment purchased by or donated to the School.

Marine Gear Sale - 8:00 am

Sale items include Sails, Hardware Electronic Equipment, Rigging and more

Power and Sail Boat Live Auction - 9:00 am

Auction Items include Trailerable power and sail boats, Dinghies, and Inflatables.
* Live Auction - No Minimums
* All Sales are final
* Vessels must be removed within 72 hours

Payment

We accept Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card.

Behind the Coast Community College District Offices, across the street from Orange Coast College at 1370 Adams Ave., Costa Mesa. Follow posted signs!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the heads up. I probably don't need any of that stuff, but I am sure I want it. I will try to go. See you there I hope.

Just a reminder, that's the same day as our Cabrillo Marina's Customer appreciation day BBQ. I went last year and it was a pretty good time. Free food and freebees and lots of raffles with good stuff. Starts at noon, goes to 3 pm.:clap:

Dan Hayes

Member III
Gear Sale and Auction

I'm going to the Isthmus that weekend - oh darn - so unfortunately I will miss both of them. I do recommend going, as you can find all kinds of stuff for your boat, really, really cheap.