• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32-3 Polar Diagram, where?

newgringo

Member III
:confused: Just getting the hang of sailing an E32-3 and can't seem to find a Polar Diagram for this boat on this site or anywhere else. Must be one somewhere for free. I see a web site for "Sailfish Yacht Analyzer" for $50 which looks interesting but not into a research project at this time. Just trying to know what the boat can do ie what speeds am I shooting for in various winds and points of sail. Any suggestions?

:0305_alar An idea, maybe some of us could share the Sailfish Yacht Analyzer program??? Just an idea.
Jerry SV Raconteur E32-3 Kingston, WA

windjunkee

Member III
I can't speak for the 32-3, but after extensive research, my partner and I discovered that there are no polars for our 32-2 (I could have added a "performance module" to our new B & G instruments which would have allowed us to input polar data into the instrument computer allowing all sorts of cool information, but since there is no polar info, I didn't go with the module)

I found "techsail.com" has a program you can buy where it appears you can get polars calculated based on parameters that you input.
I haven't bought the program, I just flagged the website if I choose to buy it in the future.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 hull #134

Seth

Sustaining Partner
32 polars

For the older boat, I am pretty sure you could have one put together by US Sailing based on an old IOR or IMS certificate, using the MIT VPP. I don't know if any were ever measured for IMS, but I know some were for IOR-just make sure the rigs are the same size. The IMS ones are closer, but it would be worth the $100-200 just to know the proper angles and target speeds.

For the newer boat, someone will have to drop the $1200-$2,000 for an IMS/Americap measurement, and then Polars can be generated..

I think.....

S