• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Nice sailing for Memorial Day

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Yesterday was perfect! About a fifteen knot breeze in the Santa Barbara Channel. We had a nice day sail to Anacapa & back. Coming back, I felt a bit cocky, so we hoisted the gennaker! Overall, it was a nice mostly downwind ride, but we were a bit overpowered in gusts. I got sore shoulders from wrestling the wheel & it was way too much for the Admiral.
We also had to bear off some towards Port Heuneme. As I was dousing the 'chute, along came a big container ship & its tug on entry to that harbor. I got it doused with some difficulty as the dousing line tried to lift me from the foredeck! We turned back towards our own port, Channel Islands Harbor, & away from the path of the ship.
All in all, a very nice day sailing, but I should not have used the gennaker.....it was too much.
Keith
E-33

Meanolddad

Member III
A very fun day out of San Pedro also

We went out of San Pedro and it was a great day to sail. The water was a bit lumpy so we had a couple of my daughter's friends get seasick. We had to cut the sail a bit short and went into Long Beach instead.
It was great while it lasted.
Greg:egrin:

bigtyme805

Member III
Don't know who was out on Saturday, but it was crazy. I was suppose to go to Santa Cruz Island with the family, inexperienced sailors. In the process my wife tells me she wants to try it. Her philosophy to me is if you can make it to Hawaii in this boat she can surely make it acroos the channel.

I am sure everybody knows the winds are blowing 40k and white caps all over. Coast Guard is at the mouth of channel warning boaters not to go out. Of course this does not change my wife's mind.

I have all my rain gear on along with the wife with harnesses to. First 15 footer breaks over the bow and the wife starts blowing chunks. She has had enough and tells me I was right.

Hope all were safe on Saturday.

HGSail

Member III
Yes it was a little bit on the breezy side wasn't it! We thought about going out early before the winds hit, But quite frankly I didn't want to get up that early. We did manage to get out for a couple of hours on Monday thou and that was a nice day.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole