• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

First voyage of the season

rgoff

Member III
Well, I made my first voyage of the season. A solo trip for a whopping 12nm (one way) from Dana Point, CA to Newport Beach, CA for 2 nights.

I'd planned a several day trip. However, when I fired my Atomic 4 up I found that the fuel pump was bad. I'd only expected to replace the head before I left.

With the new fuel pump the old A4 purred for the motoring trip up. Fortunately, I got to sail back and made almost as good a speed (just under 5 knots average). Usually the wind is on the quarter or dead astern coming back. However, it was always forward of the beam this time and it was a great sail with nearly flat seas.

My 23 year old autotiller worked fine going up, but I couldn't get it to turn on coming back. Today I verified it's getting power, so looks like I might be ordering a new hi-tech GPS compatible one before my next trip in 6 weeks or so.

I'm hoping for at least a one week trip next time and maybe 2 weeks in September/October.

The attached pretty mundane photo shows multi-million dollar pads on Lido Isle across the water from my guest slip at the American Legion Yacht Club.

Happy Sailing,

Attachments

• BoatTrip051706 003.jpg
    BoatTrip051706 003.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 89