• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sequoia a winner in race last Sat...

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
We keep Sequoia set up as a cruiser, but do the occaisional "fun" race. We took the gun and top honors this past Saturday in our club's Double Handed Race in the non-spinnaker class. Fun for Kate and I to go out and walk all the guys who race their boats every week with racing sails and bring a trimmer rather than their wife for the double handed.
Nice to know that sailing your angles and going for wind rather than drifting to the mark makes up for an 18yr old main and an 8 yr old genoa :egrin:
Chris

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Nicely done

Congrats! I hope some of what was learned here contributed to your performance!

S

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Chris this is great to hear. I was hoping to do that race with my friend Dan on Stitch and Glue but schedule did not permit. What other bay races are you planning on doing this summer?

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
races...

Sequoia will be doing a few races this year... We're going to be doing the Governors Cup from Annapolis to St. Mary's City, and one of the Annapolis to Oxford races, and a couple of fun races with the club.

We're also doing a 7 day cruise starting 21 May going south from Solomons.

Just got back from cruising on the in-laws Beneteau 423... I still like Sequoia :D

Chris

PS. Absolutely, Seth! I learn new stuff here every week that makes the boat better or faster or safer.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am trying to get my act together and get my PHRF application filed. I hope to do some point to point races this year, maybe Solomons or one of the Oxford races. When is the Oxford race you are planning on doing?