• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fish Finder for Sailboat?

omgirl

Member II
My husband is obsessed with getting a fishfinder for our boat. A through-hull version won't work b/c of the bottom-paint and there are bad reviews out there for the R/F versions. Does anyone have one they recommend? He was looking at a portable one he could use on the sailboat and then to move to the dinghy. I still don't know how he intends on using this as we are actually sailing... but he is obsessed with getting one so I figured I would try the forum b/c you guys have brilliant ideas.

Thanks!

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Fishfinder

Omgirl- The truth is that a "shoot through" the hull transducer will pass through bottom paint with no problems. Why not just get the unit he wants and purchase a second ducer, power cord and gimbal mount. Then all you have to do is move the head to the other boat. Transom mount ducers most likely will not work on the sailboat. There are a lot of good units out there just go to West Marine and ask to talk to someone to find a unit that will meet your needs. Rob Hessenius

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hawkeye Portable Depth/Fishfinder

How about one of these?

NORCROSS MARINE
Hawkeye Portable Depth/Fishfinder

The DF2200PX is the newest and most versatile portable depth finder ever produced! Not only will this depth finder give you instant depth readings, from 2.5 to 199 Feet, in 1/10th precision, but at the press of a button the display will give real time temperature (water or air) and fish readings.
Use it in the winter to shoot through ice before cutting your hole. Use it in the summer as a range finder and temperature meter while diving. Use it as a backup depth finder on your pleasure boat or scan for channels in your dingy. No matter how you use it, the DF2200PX is one piece of equipment you should never leave the dock without.

SideScan™ Fish Detecting Sonar With SideScan fish readings, there's no guessing where the drop-offs are or where the fish are hiding. One press of the button on the DF2200PX depth finder scans an area for drop-offs, ledges, or hiding fish. Scan under weeds, lily pads, and docks for trophy lunkers right before you make your cast.

60% More Powerful!
Depth Readings from 2.5 - 199 Feet (.7 to 60.1 Meters)
Water or Air Temperature Readings from 14 - 122 Degrees F or C
ShootThru Technology Reads Thru Boat/Kayak/Canoe Hulls and Ice
SideScan Fish Detecting Sonar Pinpoints Hiding Fish
Waterproof to 200 Feet for Diving
Maintenance Free Button
SoftGlow Backlit LCD Display
Polarized LCD measures .93 x .63"
10 Hour Continuous Use on 4 'AA' Batteries
7 x 2 x 2" Unit Size
Sonar Angle 20 Degrees
Sonar Frequency 200 KHZ

Attachments