• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New to Forum - Chesapeake Bay

Galatea

Corrected post... amu

Wow...! A great collection of Ericson knowledge (and other stuff) here on the Info Exchange! I've checked out Ericsonyachts.org before, but apparently missed these great postings.

She's a beautiful 1989 Ericson 34 ("Galatea") we sail out of Rock Hall (yes... she is the one someone saw in Haven's Charter fleet. Until we can retire, it helps defray some of the costs considering the amount of sailing [not enough!] we get to do. She is treated very well!). This is her fourth season in our family and as much as we LOVE sailing her, we're having visions of a bigger boat. (My sailing Dad, now 88, told me that would happen...) I've only drooled over the brochures of the Ericson 380 (NOT built by PSC; I guess PSC built the 38-200, '91 - '99?), but have yet to find one to 'visit'. Anyone know of any 380s in the northern to central part of the Chesapeake?

Also, thoughts on other *non-Ericson* (but affordable!) boats as options to move up to, since it appears once folks get their hands on the 380 they never let go, are welcomed.

Thanks for all info...

We're leaving this Sunday for a week on the Bay with "Galatea"! Yipppppeeeee!

April Umlauf

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Welcome!

Hi April -

Great to see you on the boards - have a great trip!

//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
the elusive 38....

I toured an early 90's PSC Ericson "380" model last year in Seattle at a brokerage. I believe that it sold for around $125K. It was very clean and we really liked the ash interior.
Having said that, I would also keep a lookout for an Ericson 39 that one could pick up for under $50K and upgrade as needed. It sort of depends on how much time you want to invest. Note that *any* boat over 10 or 15 years old needs about the same upgrades -- i.e. rigging, plumbing, electrical, instruments, etc, etc. That nice E-380 we saw was due for standing rigging and probably some sails... and so it goes...
:cool:

Sometimes it works out just as well to find a classic and budget the fancy LPU paint job right at the git-go... ;)

This opinion worth only about a penny, at most, though...

Loren in PDX