• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Summertime is here.

Art Mullinax

Member III
Don't we just love summer in the South? Sat out our 1st thunderstorm of the season. Sitting tied up in the sail club we got caught! Nothing like being on a sailboat with lightning so close you can hear a "snap" just as the sky lights up!!!

SAILSHIGH

Member III
nothing says summer like a wall cloud..

I always pray when spring brings storms to Oklahoma. Hope for the best expect the woorse im afraid.

Hope for a clear sailing year for all...

Wes Zimmereman
1975 E29
SAILSCALL
Grande Lake Oklahoma:egrin: :egrin:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Hi Art & Wes,
Yes, it can be a challenge at our lake as well in the Spring with some pretty squirley wind and rain/thunder storms. Where do you sail?

SAILSHIGH

Member III
summer

Kim,

I sail the Grand Lake of the Cherokees in Northeast Oklahoma.

We were Chesapeake Bay sailors out of the Sassafrass River on the eastern shore of Maryland.

I used to cuss the tides and now it is much nicer to just set sail and go.

Weather is a Magic 8 ball here. If you dont like it it will change in about 15 minutes or so.

:cheers: :cheers:

Wes Zimmerman
1975 E-29
SAILSCALL

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Hi Wes,

Lake sailing seems to be one of those challenges that I like. Keeps you on your toes, but I like to figit and run around and change trim and that is why my friends call me "Mr. Figit". Love the technical aspect of try to keep the darn thing moving in lite air and then preparing for the dark water heading our way. Last Sunday we had a great steady blow of 15-20 knots coming out of the Northeast and were able to keep the same tack for a long time. Oh what fun!

Tell us about the Grand Lake of the Cherokees. Would like to hear about your lake.

Bob in Va

Member III
Talk about crazy wind...

This Saturday we had our local marina bragging rights race - it's held once each spring and fall. Winners have to add 5 min to their handicap, cumulative for multiple wins, with a reverse handicap start. The course is always the same, out around some islands, up the lake and around an island there, then back the same way. Total of 7.5 nm. We experienced everything from dead calm to more than we wanted, seeing a range of 0.0 to 7.2 on the knotmeter. Our E-23 didn't win, but we took a third behind a Tartan 3000 and a C&C 30, and ahead of a Precision 28, Hunter 33, and Pearson 31, among others. We were the smallest and one of the slowest-rated boats (of 12) but even with our extra 5 min handicap for winning last year, the TigerEye made her owners proud.

Attachments

• FinishSunT.jpg
    FinishSunT.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 79