• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

'Cowboy' down in Belize...

omgirl

Member II
This is a random posting... but I wanted to tell a great story that my husband and I were apart of last week. We took a week long vacation to a small island ~ 40 miles off the coast of Belize. We were in a small skiff on the ride out there and about half way out, we stopped for a guy in a tattered looking sailboat who was waving us down. Low and behold, it was a 1973 Ericson and the guy 'sailing' it was wearing cowboy boots and looked like he had been on-board for about 30 years. He was afraid to cross the reef because he didn't know where he was and wanted some help so my husband jumped aboard to help. It turns out that this guy didn't really know how to sail. He bought the boat in Key West and then motored the entire way down to Belize! He thought my husband was a genius for showing him some of the basics of sail manipulation and was amazed how fast they were able to go. Just amazing the people you meet... and he loved his Ericson. Overall, the structural components of the boat looked good - just a little neglected but he loved it!