• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bear Lake (UT)

Justin Lee

Per Kim's request from the thread "Hello out there" I am going to post a little information about Bear Lake in Utah/Idaho. Bear Lake is a fresh water lake straddling the Utah/Idaho border. It is about 20 Miles long (North-South) & about 8 Miles wide. There is only one marina on the lake...it is located on the west side of the lake near Garden City, Utah. There are slips for about 300 boats. It is a State owned & operated marina (sometimes good...sometimes not so good) We have a Yacht Club & I am the webmaster for our website (www.blyc.net). There is quite a bit of information on our website as well as a pretty extensive photo section. There are quite a few sailboats but not many Ericsons? Mostly Catalina's & Hunters. I have sailed on this lake all of my life (40+years). Although I have sailed in many other parts of the county (Including Mexico & Canada) Bear Lake is my "One Particular Harbour":egrin: The lake turns an incredible turquoise color in summer that I have seen nowhere else other than the Carribbean. We sail in moslty light to moderate winds & you can pretty much set your watch for 1:00pm when the wind will blow 10-15kts for several hours in the summertime.

I would love to hear about other peoples lake sailing areas!