• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wireless Internet

Captron

Member III
I would like to know what wireless network gear works best on a cruising sailboat. I'm not talking here about cellular service or satellite but just wireless network connectivity.

Is there a long range card/router/antenna system that would find available wireless 801g (or a or b) networks and connect as far away as say 1000ft? 2000ft? more?

Thanks
Capt Ron

evm

Member II
Lots of answers here. You can take a look at hypertech technology. they have lots of stuff for long range 802.11b/g

for part of my jobI toss wifi up to 20 miles offshore to research boats off the mouth of the columbia. I do have 300 mW cards and 18 dB omni antennas (with good cable!)

http://www.hyperlinktech.com

With a 15 dB omni, 200 mW card and wbc400 cable you could expect to get 1 mile to a typical linksys (25mW output) or much further to something like bbexpress (good antennas and transmit power)

--Ethan

Mike Taylor

WiFi

Hi Capt Ron:

I run iDockUSA. Please visit the website. www.idockusa.com

I recommend a CB11 wireless bridge. They have a 200 mw radio and are designed for outside marine environment. This device will allow you connect when many others cannot.

Mike Taylor