• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 29-1or 29-2

kjs

Does anyone know the difference between the 29-1, and 29-2. I need the difference backed by some type of liturature. Information about what years were available in what options would be helpful. Here's the generic information I have: The e-29 was available with atleast 2 different rigs - one 'standard' the other IOR(taller mast but shorter boom) PHRF NW - Table III lists different BALLASTS for the two types, but the internet Table III gives no standard measurements for the e-29-2. Anyone have any information that could back up the actual differences between the two designations? Thanks, kjs

jwolfgra

Member II
Hi - I've got an E29-1 Hull number 190. I don't have documentation to back this up, but here's my accessment of the difference between -1 and -2 models.

My boat has tiller, 1 opening hatch forward of mast, center boom sheeting.

A -2 has, Wheel, End boom sheeting, 2 opening hatches (one forward of mast, one immediately after).

I believe all other specs are the same (i.e., hull shape, rudder, ballast). I think the rigs are variable on either model.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bill Sanborn

Member III
Ericson 29-1 or 29-2

I have a standard rig E29. None of the literature I got with it mentions either a -1 or a -2, however they do mention a tall rig option.

Mast height I dim
Std Rig. 36.5' from deck (not cabin top)
Tall Rig. 38.3' " " "

Boom length E dim
Std Rig 12.04'
Tall Rig 9.92'

It's a long shot but Pacific Seacraft may be able to tell you from the hull number. I haven't contacted them for many years but there phone no. was 714-879-1610, Fullerton CA. They also had a distrubutor in Seattle on Westlake I think.