• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E38 Anchor Roller

tdtrimmer

Member II
I am planning on replacing the short anchor roller on the bow of my 1981 E38. The current roller is a casting and inadequate for storing an anchor. I would appreciate any thoughts and pictures of anyone who has taken on a similar project. Any idea where Ericson purchased their bow rollers? A later model one would probably do the trick.
Tom

Brisdon

Inactive Member
When you replace the bow roller, the choice you make depends more on the anchor than the boat. Go to a good chandlery and tell them what kind of anchor you have (and weight) and they should be able to outfit you with the right choice. The West Marine catalogue has a chart for which roller to use with which anchor. Good luck

tdtrimmer

Member II
I Looked at the commercially available bow rollers and determined that they are not suitable because of the configuration of the bow of the Ericson and limited space. I decided to fabricate one using 1/4 inch stainless plate. I designed one which will accomodate a CQR, Danforth or Burce. The base plate is shaped such that it provides a strong base for the roller and covers the many holes from the previous unit. I moved the running lights to the bow rail. I'll post pictures when I get it finished.