• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Member, New Owner, New England

JohnK

Member II
Hi all,
I'm dropping a note to introduce myself as a new forum member, and, as of last Saturday, a new E38 owner too! First of all, thank you all for sharing your knowledge and insight here - this forum is definitely a strong selling point for Ericson ownership.

I'm pretty new to sailing having only started taking lessons 5 years ago and this is my first boat. A 38 footer is probably not the best first boat but with a wife and three kids, I need all of the room I can get!

The boat is currently in the Chicago area, having been a fresh water boat her entire life so far. But, in a few short weeks, she will be trucked to her new home in Jamestown, RI. Needless to say, I can't wait!

Thanks again for this great forum and best wishes.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
E-38

John- Congradulations on your new purchase. Yes, you are correct that Ericsonyachts.org is a great source of help and gained knowledge. Enjoy. Rob Hessenius

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Welcome!

JohnK said:
...this forum is definitely a strong selling point for Ericson ownership...

Music to my ears! :egrin:

Congrats on the E38 - a wonderful boat - you'll really enjoy her. I'm sure you'll find her quite manageable - while also be substantial enough to take you and your family where ever you choose. My first boat (at age 14) was a Hobie 16 - my second my E35-3. You've chosen a great boat - and at a great time for your family - you'll will make memories together that will stay with you for the rest of your lives...

I'm happy that you've found the Information Exchange and the site useful - please feel free to get involved, voice your opinion (and knowledge) and provide input. We look forward to hearing from you.

//sse

ps: Please post a picture of the boat when you can - we would love to see her!

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Welcome JohnK!
I also have an E38 but mines an '83. I keep my boat just a little North of Dutch Harbor. I'm in Allens Harbor in North Kingstown. My wife races Sunfish directly West of Dutch, at Saunderstown Yacht Club so you will occasionally see my E38 just across the west passage on the hook waiting for her. There is supposed to be a NE GTG in "Jamestown" this summer. I am assuming they mean Jamestown, RI. Look to see you there? RT

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Welcome to the group John. Owning an 89' E-38 myself I am partial to the boat. There are a number of us on this site who have done a lot of work to the boats and are familiar with the systems so feel free to ask for help. This site is loaded with info so be sure to spend some time using the search feature in the info exchange. Most of the common issues with these boats have been covered. BTW I will be in Newport in July for the Sail Newport One Design Regatta racing my other boat www.jet14.com. At the rate we are going on this site it wont be long before we have our own E-38 start!

Welcome!

u079721

Contributing Partner
First boat?

Your first boat is an Ericson 38? Wow.

We sailed a 1989 Ericson 38 for about eleven seasons on the Great Lakes, and loved it. But in our case we moved up to the Ericson from a 23 foot trailerable, and we suffered quite a bit from the culture shock of moving up 15 feet (and 14,000 lbs) at one shot, rather than the "two-foot-itis" that many sailors seem to prefer.

I didn't discover this site till 2001, after I had owned our Ericson for seven years. I sure wish I had had all this advice available when I first bought the boat. Welcome aboard!

JohnK

Member II
Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I look forward to continuing to learn from my fellow Ericson fans and hopefully putting .02 in from time to time.

Sean, here is a picture of "Sea Fever" from the YW listing. I hope to have more/better pics when she arrives from the midwest in a couple of weeks.
1455807_1.jpg

Rob, I'll definitely look forward to a GTG in Jamestown. After all, I can't help NOT being there! BTW, I love Allen Harbor - that's one sweet spot. And, I'll keep my eye out for "Ruby".

Thanks again to everyone!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Very nice!

...Sean, here is a picture of "Sea Fever" from the YW listing...

Pretty boat. Actually, a 38 is what I really wanted... Oh well - there's always tomorrow! :p

Good luck with your commissioning - and have a blast this summer. We expect to hear all about your projects once the dust settles...

//sse

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Welcome...

Hi John,
Welcome to the board, another 38-200 here. You'll find someone here who knows a lot about every question you have about your boat...
That's a very pretty boat!
Best,
Chris