• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Particularly Nasty Weather

Dan Hayes

Member III

Well, looks like I'll be moping around the docks this weekend, doing my boat chores. Little too nasty out there for me!

Sven, however, will probably be out having a day sail with his bride, enjoying every minute of it... He never lets a bit of weather get in the way of a good time... are ya there, Sven?

.TODAY...W WIND 10 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 7 TO 9 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 12 SECONDS. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF TSTMS. .

TONIGHT...W WIND 15 TO 25 KT. COMBINED SEAS 5 TO 7 FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS. SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF TSTMS. .

SAT...S TO SW WIND 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 3FT. W SWELL 4 TO 6 FT AT 10 SECONDS. SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF TSTMS. .

SAT NIGHT...SW WIND 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 4 FT. W SWELL 6 TO 8 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS. .

SUN...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 4 TO 6 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .

SUN NIGHT...W WIND 10 TO 15 KT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS OVERNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Sven

Seglare
Dan Hayes said:

Sven, however, will probably be out having a day sail with his bride, enjoying every minute of it... He never lets a bit of weather get in the way of a good time... are ya there, Sven?

We decided to stay at home by the fire tonight since they cancelled the hail that was forecast. :)

We haven't been out for two weeks so we're getting a bit restless and will head down in the AM. We're also restless because we're waiting for Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, orbit insertion to take place http://marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov/mro/mission/tl_moi-soe.html . White knuckle time, but not from sailing.

-Sven

Dan Hayes

Member III
Yeah, I think that was you guys I saw on the news this morning, the boat tossed around by the waves, raining like cats and dogs, and you guys calmly sunbathing with a cup of coffee and a magazine...

I think it might clear up by tomorrow, and I hope to sneak out for an afternoon sail in between showers.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I was out on Sunday the 5th for what I call my winter time Fish & Day Sails. I motor out early (no wind) to what the local fisherman call the Horse Shoe, right by the channel markers at the entrance to LA Harbor. I troll for Bonita's on the way out and then I bait up some bottom lures and just drift until the wind picks up in the late morning / early afternoon. Then I go sailing. Caught a very nice 7 lb Calico Bass this time. I am starting to get a really bad Catalina Jones, but this has turned into a very late winter. Before we know it, Bam!, it will heat up. Can't wait!:egrin: