• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Removing Nav Station-Sink-Stove area on 77 E-32-Any words of Advice??

wurzner

Member III
I'm considering removing the nave table area on my 77 E-32 to replace all my seacocks and valves, as well as evaluated my engine mounts and rear engine area. Has anyone done this and what am I in for? It's pretty tough servicing that area properly due to space limitations and I'm thinking of pull it apart when I do my bottom in a few weeks. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who relies!!!
Shaun E-32 1977
Everett, WA
Southern Comfort

scott

Just in the middle of that very process...'77 E32 #550. No big deal on removing sink supporting cabinet, companionway steps etc. A bit of heat (I used propane with a fine tip) helps removal of old gate valves. Motor beds are a bear. Need to be ground out where they are glassed in. Bad original design & rather shoddy installation on my boat. Am planning on glassing in wooden mounts to avoid the previous angle iron rust problem. When you remove the motor (A4?) you can pull the prop & remove the prop shaft from inside the boat (no need to drop the rudder). May as well replace the cutlass bearing at the same time. You might have a bit of trouble removing the bottom step (Long fasteners through the port side quarter berth). I finally resorted to a sawsall. Good Luck.
Scott