• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The Isthmus or SBI for the long weekend ?

Sven

Seglare
Assuming the weather doesn't get really bad, we plan to head out somewhere on Friday and return back on Tuesday, taking one vacation day at each end of the 3-day weekend.

We haven't yet decided where we're going, but it will probably either be the Isthmus or SBI, or both.

Paul Spicer said he'd probably be at the Isthmus and we're wondering if anyone else is planning a trip to either destination this weekend.

-Sven

Dan Hayes

Member III
Oh, I would so like to go - last weekend was awesome. But I have family obligations and some boat projects. Get on out there and have a great time !

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
wind event

Looks like the had a wind event at SBI last night. Go at your own risk. See attached!

Attachments

• WindEvent.jpg
    WindEvent.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 80

Peregrine

Member II
I had been planning a trip to Two Harbors over the weekend. Leaving Dago on Friday night and sailing home on Monday, but crew coordination issues now dictate a Saturday departure and a Sunday return so will probably only go to Oceanside.

Given the unsettled wex, this might be the best alternative anyway. Last report shows SW winds on Sat and NW on Sunday... Could be a great sail both directions!

Tony
1994 E-380 "Peregrine Spirit" Hull #016

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
The Java wind loop shows a mini-hurricane right outside Catalina at 11 PDT today, except the winds are very moderate:

http://www.nawcwpns.navy.mil/~weather/mugu/mesodata/loop_inhr.html

No matter what, I'm glad we picked up some Gil watertight 3 mm neoprene sailing gloves last weekend !

We'll drive down tonight and see what it looks like in the AM. Maybe just hop down to King harbor and the Isthmus from there the next day.

(As a kid, these were typical Swedish summer days, except rain every other day ... didn't keep us from sailing but SoCal has made me a wimp :)

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I am the same way now. I used to sail all over Puget Sound (Seattle Area) in this kind of weather, minus the big waves though.

Be Safe out there!