• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Campbell Sailor Prop

Bryan Smith

I have an Ericson 32-200 with a Universal 23hp and I'm planning to change from a two blade fixed to a three blade Campbell Sailor. At first look I was going to use the Maxprop but after a $2000 discussion with the wife I think the $400 Cambell may be a better option. My reasons for changing are vibration and poor thrust in heavy seas and currents. I realize the Cambell will have more drag than the Max but I'm a cruiser not a racer. If anyone is familiar with the Cambell I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks, Bryan

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Another Choice to consider...

Are you aware that there are several worthy competitors for the "Max Prop" brand of feathering prop? And, at less lofty pricing? I have a two blade featherer from Martec purchased direct from them for less that $1k. I have the same engine as your boat. The pitch on mine is externally adjustable, as well.
I do not race, but really value the reverse power of the feathering prop and the enhanced sailing ability in light air. A fixed prop, no matter how well engineered and promoted, will not cure prop-walk and weak reverse power like a feathering prop...
Loren in Portland
:D