• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

How about another raftup soon !!

corkhead

Julian Ashton
It has been so nice on the bay recently, I was thinking we should start planning another raftup, perhaps Angel Island this time?

Tazman

Member I
Sounds Great

We would love to get together with other Ericson sailors. We are in the process of installing Radar / Chartplotter and would love to be completed in the next month. Let us know when you are thinking. Angel Island would be a great setting and is one of our favorites.:egrin:

boatboy

Inactive Member
Raft-up

Sounds like fun. How about the weekend of March 11th or 18th? Or were you thinking of something bigger planned deeper into the summer?

Last edited:

corkhead

Julian Ashton
I was thinking sooner than summer, March 18th sounds good to me.
I have never spent the night at Angel Island so looking for some help here.
Or if there is a better place thats cool too.

boatboy

Inactive Member
Angel Island

At Angel Island we could either moor inside Ayala Cove or anchor along the east side at China Beach. Melissa and I have spent many nights anchored at China Beach, but never spent the night in Ayala Cove. I think for the purposes of a group raft-up that Ayala Cove would be the better of these two locations. The only points to consider are 1) there is a fee (I believe about $20), and 2)we would need to arrive relatively early on Saturday to guarantee a spot.

Another nice spot nearby is anchored along the Marin Shore around Paradise Cove -- assuming westerly weather.

Anyone else interested in doing this?

Guy Stevens

A Solid Maybe

We are down to the short strokes on the 46, headliner, 4 stantions, and the propane box. However I have given up on telling people when the boat will be done.

March 18th should be completely doable for us. Then again I set up last years rendeveau, and was unable to attend do to my deciding to add significantly to the project.

I might head over Friday night and grab a bouy for Aiki.

Guy and Melissa
SVAiki
:)

rssailor

Angel Island

Lets make it happen for March 18th. Moonglow will attend, and I should be able to overnight this time. See ya all there. Ryan

boatboy

Inactive Member
Melissa and I will be there... as long as their is no big storm rolling through that weekend. Looking forward to it.

boatboy

Inactive Member
Yes, it sounds like we will want to meet in Ayala Cove on Angel Island on Saturday the 18th. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

R F Pezzoli

March 18 Raft Up

We are new to the groups activity, and would like to join the raft up at Ayala on the 18th. We have been there a couple of times, and always enjoyed the stay.

Bob & Phyllis Pezzoli
Swept Away
Alameda

boatboy

Inactive Member
Good question. I'm not certain if this is allowed, but I would imagine that if we grabbed two moorings near each other, we could then raft-up in-between them.

rssailor

Angel Island raftup

There is no problem with a raft grabing four moorings as I have been in rafts in Ayala cove with that configuration. See ya there, looking forward to the action. Ryan

boatboy

Inactive Member
Weather for the weekend

I know it's still a ways off, but the weather for next weekend is looking like it should be good. We're looking forward to seeing all of you in Ayala Cove.

dwigle

Member III
We plan on being there, but for other reasons. In our cruising group there are many March birthdays and we always go somewhere to celebrate. We planned on Alaya Cove much earlier, but may change if it's too crowded. I'm going to try to be in two places (groups) at once if all works out.

Don and Jan Wigle
Wiggle Room
E38 #8

Tazman

Member I
Angle Island

We stopped by around 1 on Sunday but everyone was gone. What a great day of sailing. Winds around 20, lots of sun, and great friends aboard. I got a sunburn (maybe a windburn.) Sounds like more rain this week. God it was great to get out. I will do better about joining the group next time.

Best wishes for a fast arrival of spring.