• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Adding a Dodger to E38

Oceanus

We are adding a dodger and bimini to our 89 E38-200. The boat has never had one before and we are struggling with how to attach the hardware. We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this and would especially like to see close-up pictures of any E38 or E35 with a dodger so that we can get an idea of where the hardware was mounted.

We can be reached at Reed.Radke@verizon.net.

Lynda & Reed Radke
S/V Oceanus

Ray Rhode

Member III
We have a bimini on our E35-III. It is coverup at this moment but will get some pictures for you within the week.

TFilippini

Dodger

I just had a new dodger installed on my e-38 1982 and would be happy to forward digital pictures if you have not already installed one. It came out very nice.

enrique

Dodger e-38

Need to replace my dodger, Price of $2500.00 seems high. Anyone with a recommendation?
SF Bay Area California

e38sailorman

Member II
I have an 89 E38 with a nice dodger installation, it's a bit low, you need to duck down to go below. The front of the dodger is attached to the back of the traveller there is a zipper so that it is easy to remove. I don't have any pictures now but could take some if you want me to.

ref_123

Member III
Price range?

People,

with all the things changing in life (to the good side), we are now facing a potential need in a bimini (and possibly a dodger) for our E32-3. Any clue (from the experience) what may be a price range? I know the question was asked before, but I did not see the answer...

Thanks in advance,
Stan

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
I bought my dodger in 1997 for about $1500 (installed) from Island Nautical. You can save money by substituting aluminum tubing for stainless, but you will regret doing so after a few years. The price also included a section that can be zipped to the rear of the dodger and tied to the backstay to cover the whole cockpit. However, you would not want to use it while sailing.

Last edited:

escapade

Inactive Member
dodger pricing

Just had a dodger built for our 1988 E34. Price came to $2,200. w/grab rails,zip out center window, 1" stainless frameing, & "Strato-glass". There are place to save money & places you just have to bite the bullet & get your wallet out, IMHO (to quote Loren). Our dodger has the zippers installed so that next year we can do phase 2 which is a bimini & screening to keep the provancial bird of Ontario Canada (the mosquito) out while we're in the North Channel.
Would not recommend using less than 1" tubing, highest quality glass possible, and Sunbrella fabric. Anything less and you will be wasting money. This is something you will look at everytime your on board and will be in the weather constantly. I needs to be strong enough to keep you on board when your knocked off balance & grab the nearest thing to keep you on board.
Have fun & sail fast.
Bud E34 "Escapade"

Doug Willrich

adding dodger & bimini

We have both plus a full winter enclosure on our 38-200. work was done by a local canvas guy who did excellent work. Sunbrella & 1" stainless are mandatory. If you have a few days I could snailmail some pics.

Doug

boaguyqw@aol.com :)