• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

35-2 rudder modification

kdr

I would like to increase the size of my rudder. Foss Foam recommends either the ericson 38, or the cal 40. all comments greatly appreciated.

Oceanus

Rudder Modification

We recently had Don Foss make a rudder for us to replace a standard rudder on our 89' E38-200. We chose an eliptical design based on the CAL 40. The rudder was very high quality and we are happy with it. Installation took much longer than we expected, so anticipate quite a bit of modifications at the boat yard. Make sure to request a full length rudder post sleave.

steven

Sustaining Member
My E35-2 has an E38 rudder installed by FO. Don't know who made it. Very happy with it's performance. Looks a little strange when out of the water because the fwd lower corner points fwd instead of tapering back. But I don't think that matters much. Have successfully controlled close hauled in 20kts unreefed (but not recommended). By the way, I have an oversized wheel.

Grizz

Grizz
Cal 40

attachment.php
This image of a Cal 40 rudder overlaid onto an Olson (sic) 34 rudder from Foss Foam California, installed new last year. Fit perfectly, better bite upwind, no perceptible skittishness (Autocorrect didn't box out that word, so it must be legal) off wind.

Helpful?

Attachments

• Olson 34 004.jpg
    Olson 34 004.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 309
Last edited: