• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 46's In SoCal

RickBarrionuevo

Hello:

How many Ericson 46's are there in Sothern California? I know their is myself with Lady DI III and now Kevlarpirate in San Pedro. I know of another E46 in Alimitos Bay, Athena, are their any others out there?

Thanks,

Rick Barrionuevo
Lady DI III, 1973 E46 #18
rickbarrionuevo@aol.com:
:egrin:

Mikebat

Member III
There was a E46 on a mooring at Howland's Landing this past Memorial Day weekend. It's circled at left. My E32-200 is on the right. Click on the picture for the full size version. Does it belong to anyone reading this?

Kevlarpirate

Member II
E46 at Howlands Memorial Day

That was me , David (Kevlarpirate) And a message to all Ericson owners:
Dinghy over, The bar is full!

Did you see my post on needed crew?

Kevlarpirate

Member II
E46 in California

I also think there are two in Long beach, one a livaboard and one under refit , both blue hulls. Also there is a grey hull moored off Shelter Island
That may be the old Robin West? and then there is Raider in Newport,
I have talked with the owner, nice guy, I believe he is the original owner and has burned through near 100 sails!

Art Mullinax

Member III
Howlands Landing

This Howlands landing. Looks like a small open cove that you guys are using. Doesn't it get rough being open to the ocean like that? I don't see a break water or nothing. Do they charge you to moor a boat there?
Just wondering?
Art M
71/E29

RickBarrionuevo

Oh yes, I forgot about Blackbird, off Shelter Island and Raider, moored off the Balboa Yacht Club. Yes that gentlemen is the original owner and has raced the boat a lot.

Prior to purchasing Beyond I had looked at both boats years past when they were up for sale.

Guy Stevens with Aiki in San Fran has some great pics of his refit if anyone has not seen them already.

Thanks,

Rick

Mikebat

Member III
Art Mullinax said:
This Howlands landing. Looks like a small open cove that you guys are using. Doesn't it get rough being open to the ocean like that? I don't see a break water or nothing. Do they charge you to moor a boat there?

Howland's Landing, and the other coves on the West End of Catalina, are on the lee side of the island, facing the mainland across the San Pedro channel. If it were clearer, you would be able to see the mainland in this photo. And yes, they charge mooring fees. But Howland's moorings are almost all leased to private parties.