• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Who was that pretty E-27 that hailed us off San Pedro Sunday

Meanolddad

Member III
Whoever owns the E-27 that we saw off San Pedro on Sunday really keeps a nice boat. We were sailing our E-30+ out and it took me a couple of minutes to realize that it was a fellow Ericson owner that we saw. It was a great day for sailing, unfortunately my daughter's friend got sea sick so we had to go in a bit early.
Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
That was me blowing the horn at ya!

That was me blowing the horn at ya! Skipper Jeff and the "Pride of Cucamonga" here. I have to say the same thing about your boat. I knew that was a fractional rig E-30+ from quite a distance! Watched you sail off into the sunset. I was out for a day sail with my 81 year old Dad. He no longer has his boat so he came down from Seattle to get a taste of our great Fall sailing weather. My boat is at Cabrillo Marina, Berth 31, Slip B-40. Stop by and say hey some time. That was great Sailing Saturday! Where are you at?

:egrin:

Meanolddad

Member III
Hey Jeff
We are at Al Larson Marina, (can't beat the price and nice people too), Slip C-12. They have not painted the finger letters so the slip is tough to find. The first time docking the boat I was on the phone with one of the managers and she talked me in.
The Pride of Cucamonga is really a clean boat, my daughter Jessica is looking over my shoulder as I write and said she is envious of your sparkling white sails.
We just got a new dinghy so maybe we will take a ride over and visit sometime.
Hope to see you on the water.
Greg and Jessica/crew

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Was this the boat you saw?

Was this the boat you saw? Got my new sails at the beginning of September. Tell your daughter your sails looked very new, well trimmed and crispy as well.

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 104

Meanolddad

Member III
Hey Jeff
That is definately the boat. Looked every bit as nice under sail.
Our mainsail was replaced in 2002 by the previous owner. The 155 Genoa was also replaced at the same time. With the full batten main, the 155 was way to much sail in anything over 10 knots of wind and it did not furl well. I found the jib that we were using on eBay. I am not so sure what size it works out to, "Regalus" is much happier though. The sail was from a Pearson Flyer and seems to work well. That is why the PHRF numbers do not match. I may try to remove them eventually. We do not race so it is not that important. When I purchase a new Genoa it will probably be a 130 or so. We also bought a spinnaker and when I get enough experienced hands aboard we will give it a whirl. I have not flown one since the late 80's.
If you ever want pictures of your boat under sail let me know and we will meet you out on the water.
See ya
Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks for the offer.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the offer. GREAT IDEA! I am in the process of doing some major fiber glass work on my bulkhead track as well as sealing a leak under the starboard rub rail this weekend so I won't be out that soon. I do have a pretty good Digital Camera and we could both take photos of each other some time. I will let you know in advance. Wish I could get out this weekend, looks like great Fall conditions again!:egrin:

Meanolddad

Member III
Hi Jeff
We did not get out this weekend, to many things to do at home. We will be out of town next weekend. Let me know when you are ready and we will set up a day and time.
Hope your repairs are going well.
Greg