• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Great Sailing in So Cal

bigtyme805

Member III
Hey all you sailing junkies in So Cal! Would you agree that the days preceeding up to Labor Day have been awesome sailing?

I took off the sept 1 and 2 to sail and I have been in heaven. No seas whatsoever and the winds blowin 10k. The seas were so smooth reminded me when I used to waterski on Lake Michigan. With this kind of weather I could have sailed to Hawaii.

Hope all of you were able to enjoy.

An end to the summer sailing season. :)

rgoff

Member III
Over the last 3 weeks I've made trips to Oceanside, Catalina and Long Beach from Dana Point. All trips involved calm seas and a significant amount of sailing time (except Catalina). Just my kind of weather. :)

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Great Sailing continued

The great sailing continued, at least through Sunday. Saturday we went out to Anacapa on light air. Then, after lunch & a nap, we sailed a reach back to Channnel Islands under our gennaker all the way into the mouth of the harbor. At lot of boats were out there, with many kayaks & electric craft to dodge within the harbor. Out on the ocean though, just great sailing!

Keith

:egrin:

windjunkee

Member III
We participated in the Long Beach-Dana Point race this past weekend. The wind was EXCELLENT. In the PHRF "C" class, there were two Ericsons of the 10 boat class. ARIES, an Ericson 32-3 finished second in class. VOICE OF REASON, an Ericson 32-2, finished third, only 90 second behind (over a 39 mile course.).

It was crankin' on the way back to Redondo Beach on Sunday. In the afternoon as we approached Pt. Fermin, it was blowing easily 15-20, but it was right on the nose. When we got past Pt. Vicente, we were able to close reach and our speed shot up to almost 9 knots. Not bad for a little old boat.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E32-2

Sven

Seglare
We turned back :-(

Had a great trip to Isthmus the prior weekend, but this weekend didn't work out as well.

We spent Saturday doing small chores. On Sunday we were going to head to Paradise Cove (West of Malibu) but got a late start. We left the MDR breakwater at about 11:30 and at 3:30 we'd done 20 NM, mostly under one reef, and were only 7 NM closer to the cove. Rather than beating our brains out only to find a rolling anchorage we finally turned back. We did have fun surfing back among the whitecaps and finally got back to the dock at about 18:00 with 33 NM on the GPS.

It wasn't what we'd planned, but it sure beat being on land :)

-Sven

HGSail

Member III
Had a beautiful weekend. Motored out to Santa Cruz Saturday morning. And sailed back on Monday. Monday we had 7-8kt winds w/puffs of 9kts, no swell.
We were able to pull 4-5kts on a reach to a running reach from Smugs to Ventura harbor
It was a wonderful weekend

Pat
E29
Holy Guacamole

Attachments

• IMG_0519a.jpg
    IMG_0519a.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0525a.jpg
    IMG_0525a.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0601a.jpg
    IMG_0601a.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 144

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pat,
Thanks for the great photos!
Ventura Harbor was an overnight stop on that delivery I had, a couple of months ago from SD to SF. Pretty place.
Loren in PDX