• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SailNet Status

Joe Benedict

Member II
The attached is posted on their website. Apparently they will be reorganizing under new management. With the consolidation in the marine business, alternate suppliers is always a good thing for the consumer.

Attachments

• SailNet.gif
    SailNet.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 274

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Yep...

With the overall lack of customer service in the marine industry in general, I wouldn't send money to a business that threatened to sue sailors. Defender is still out there, along with APS, numerous others, and a rapidly improving West Marine.

I'm usually not one to make public commentary about stuff like this... But the whole "we'll sue any sailors who try to protect fellow consumers" thing really got me angry. :(

Just my $0.02
Chris

jmoses

Member III
Is Sailnet dead?

I think Sailnet may finally be dead. I'm not getting anything on the Ericson Sailnet discussion forum and my last few posts have been returned "Unable to deilver".

Oh well, I was able to acquire a few items from Sailnet at great savings, but alas, all good things come to an end I guess.

R.I.P

John M.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
They have been bankrupt for some time...
I note this morning that Sailjazz.com has announced the purchase of Airforce Sails (aka the old Johnson Red Arrow sail loft, AFAIK).
The assets are finally being parcelled out, it would appear.
Loren

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Do you guys know of other good general sailing and sailboat maintenance forums? Anything that's following in the tradition of Sailnet?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The daily discussion...

Nate, if you want your messages sorted by type of boat (like it was at Sailnet) go to Sailjazz.com <http://www.sailjazz.com/ > and register on the Ericson list. If you like a more varied group, try a worldwide sailing/boat project listserv like the Yachtlist <http://www.xs4all.nl/~erkooi/YL/index.html >
And then, there is the new listserv function here at EY.org, which seems to have caught on quite well. Just click on EricsonYachtsML at the top of this list of forums.
Best,
Loren
:cool: