• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SF Area Diesel Mechanic

boatboy

Inactive Member
Can anyone recommend a good diesel mechanic in the San Francisco or east bay area? Hopefully one which would have some time available in the next couple weeks. We keep our boat in Berkeley, and she has a Perkins 4-108.

Tenacious238

Re: SF Area Deisel Mechanic

I've had good dealings with Anderson's Boat Yard over in Sausalito, servicing my Universal Atomic 4... -M :)

stbdtack

Member III
mechanic.....

Hey Greg,

I would recommend Chucks Marine. Chuck does most of the stuff at Farallone and he is the only guy I would let work on my own boat. He lives in the east bay so you might be able to get him over. He's honest, extremely competent, and a really nice guy. Tell him Ben said you should call. Also tell him you bought the boat from Dinah and Roger.

His number is 510-272-0765

BTW, sailed out to the Farallons on Saturday. You were right the anchoring in Fishermans bay would be a little nerve wracking in all but dead calm conditions. Still a cool place to see. Gotta go back during shark season!

Cheers
Ben

boatboy

Inactive Member
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the recommendation.

Melissa and I made a trip out to the Farallones two weekends ago on a whale watching trip. Lot's of great humpback sightings on the way out there. Once out to the island we also got fairly close to a gray whale. We had been hoping for a white shark sighting -- but no luck there. However.... we saw something even better than a white shark. A bit southwest of the island we saw two ORCAS!!! A large male and smaller female. At times these beauties were as close as 50 or 60 feet from the boat.

Now here comes the exciting part. As we were motoring along parallel to the male at a pretty good clip, all of a sudden he made a big lunging rush forward. A minute later he came flying out of the weater with a sea lion in his mouth. Three or four times he tossed that sea lion around like a rag doll. Very similar to a cat playing with a mouse.

Needless to say, we had a hard time shutting our jaws. It was hard to believe we were so lucky to witness such a thing. The naturalist who was leading the trip (Carol Keiper - who we met at the Clipper Cove raft-up) says that with all the trips she makes out to the islands, she might see a killer whale only once a year or so.