• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cruising the Bay area

Gord Bell

Member II
I will be sailing through the Bay area in Sept. and would like to know where there are some good anchorages. Also this PNW sailor would like to meet up with some of you southern sailors for some cheer(grog).
cheers Gord
Huckleberry

dwigle

Member III
Depends on what you are looking for; there are several which are difficult to describe without a chart. Richardson Bay is very close inside the Golden Gate Bridge and has excellent holding. Paradise Cove, on the Bay side of Raccoon Strait, is also a nice place. If you feel like spending money, I'd recommend Cruising Guide to San Francisco Bay by Carolyn and Bob Mehaffy, available from Amazon for $20US. Otherwise, let us know what you're looking for and I'll try to give some better suggestions. There are also some marinas where you can get a slip or a side tie if you want one.

It's not like the Northwest--plan on anchoring in 15 feet with a mud bottom. The only Northwest sailing we've done was with friends on their boat in the Desolation Sound and Squirrel Cove areas which we really enjoyed.

Don and Jan Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 #8