• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Does Relief Band work for sea sickness

JDK_MN

My wife gets seasick if there is rolling waves on Lake Superior. :boohoo: Dramamine makes her sleepy. Has anyone had experience with the ReliefBand product that gives little electrical impulses? :confused:

Jon

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I am well qualified to respond to this, and they work extremely well for me. One of my passengers once complained about the tingling feeling, but she was the type who complained about everything.
Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

u079721

Contributing Partner
Works for me

I have also used the electrical Relief Band on many of my single handed crossings of Lake Huron. Never once got sick while using one, but I can't be truly sure if it worked since I don't easly get sick anyway, and mostly used it because we had it (I bought it for my wife, who hated the electrical charges).

It does have a significant benefit for singlehanders, since the strength of the charges, while set on high (#5) is so uncomfortable that there is no way I was going to fall asleep on watch, even after 29 hours at the helm. Using it isn't a no-brainer, however, in that I found that any activity (sail change, trimming a sail) could dislodge the band from the proper point on my wrist, and I was always having to reposition it. Still I recommend it.