• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

This strange feeling deja vu

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
To Ray and all others on the panhandle, good luck. I can not say much more.
I am very glad I took Freyja to inside storage on the Erie canal for the damage repair after last year, I could not do that again.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Ray Rhode

Member III
Thanks Gareth.

Hard to believe it was only 10 months ago. Took Journey out Friday afternoon and found a spot away from everyone else. I'm more exposed to the wind and wave action, but I trust Journey to handle that if I can just keep the other boats away.

It is around 11 AM and we have had a 55 mph gust just and few minutes ago and we are looking a another big rain band in about 30 minutes.

Looks like the P'cola area will get it again.

Ray

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hey you guys...

I was thinking of you today and was going to send you an email to see how you were doing. Here's hoping you have no damage, etc.

//sse

Ray Rhode

Member III
Gareth and Sean,

Dodged another one. Dennis wasn't as bad as Ivan and was moving very fast. Journey is now safely back at the dock and I was surprised to find that the rub rail insert was missing from both sides. I think the anchor bridle lines compressed the rub rail and popped the insert out at the bow and then the wind peeled it off.

Highest wind I heard of was 77 mph, so it wasn't as bad as Ivan. Still we lost a couple of boats from our marina.

Now we sit back, relax and wait for Emily.

Ray

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I lost my inserts last year. The initial damage was caused by the neighbouring boats, I think you are right in that once it gets started, the wind whips it around until it is gone.
Glad it is nothing worse for you, and I hope you survive whatever comes next.
Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972