• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Engine maintenance

daynardi

Member II
We have a Universal 25XP.

The manual does not describe the service interval for valve adjustment or for service of the fuel injection system.

I find nothing on these subjects in Nigel Calder except for the advice "if it aint broke, don't fix it".

I asked the maintenance contractor at our dock about required maintenance. They said that valves need adjustment at 500 hours and fuel injectors need cleaning and adjustment at 1500 hours.

The engine starts and runs well.

Based on my experience with car engines, I think that occasional valve adjustment might make sense, but is it really a necessary to disturb the injectors if they are working ok?

Does anyone out there have info about recommended service interval for valve adjustment and for fuel injectors?

-DA

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
M25 Valve Adjustment

I had my valves adjusted when I first got my boat last year - and was surprised how easy it was. You only have to pop the cover on your engine, and then use a feeler guage , screw driver and cresent wrench to adjust them. I believe there are instructions in the owner's manual.

The only question I would have is: the M25 and the M25XP th same engine?

//sse