• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Who was sailing along side me at Hurricane Gulch Saturday?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Who was sailing along side me at Hurricane Gulch rounding the light house in San Pedro Saturday in a E-29 yelling at me "Hey, your kicking butt!" I have to admit we were going pretty good in 18 knots with the full 140 out heeling at about 30 degrees! The guy said he was at D dock at Cabrillo Marina. I didn't catch the name of the boat. It was a good sail!

Jeff, Berth 31, Slip B-40 Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro, CA :egrin:

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Not nuts

Jeff-I sure miss sailing out there-Hurricane Gulch was one of my favorite places-only comment is that while it is do doubt fun, 30 degrees of heel is never fast (or better put-18 degrees or less will be MUCH faster)-your leeway component is excessive at that angle of heel.

Otherwise, "party on, Garth"
S

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
At least the rail wasn't under. That big sail puts me pretty far over at times with out much loss of speed. Hey, it's all fun. Anyway, I still want to know who was that guy? We took the same two tacks coming in. He was doing a lot of whooping and hollering. It was great fun to have these two old boats strutting their stuff side by side! :egrin:

Dan Hayes

Member III
I'll have to look you up and say hi - just moved my Ericson 28+ into Cabrillo Marina, 29 B32. Lots of Ericsons in the marina! You're right about the wind - I'm used to the light air in Dana Point, and until last weekend, I don't think I ever experienced less than 15 knots at my slip, which always makes docking interesting...

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey Danohayes,

Welcome to Cabrillo, nice place. I am at Berth 31 Slip B-40. I think your on the other side. Here's a map that shows you exactly where I am. I believe you have my number, call me when ever. I've never seen a 28 up close. Would love to see her.

Jeff :egrin:

Attachments

• CabrilloMarina.jpg
    CabrilloMarina.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 214

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Whoops, Wrong, the arrows pointing to "A" Dock, I am on the next dock in (left) "B", at the same position on the dock.

:eek: