• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Paradise Cove for Memorial Day

Sven

Seglare
We're going to head over to Paradise Cove for the three-day holiday if the weather stays good.If large southerly swells show up we'll punt, but other than that it should be great.

Is anybody else headed that way this coming weekend ?

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Fog !?

It would seem that we might have to scrub because of fog in the forecast every day into next week. :-(

If we had a depth sounder I'd feel comfortable using that as a back-up to the GPS and dead reckoning, but with no depth sounder we'll abort if the fog doesn't behave.

Keeping our fingers crossed,

-Sven

ED CHADROFF

Paradise cove

ariel
Sven said:
We're going to head over to Paradise Cove for the three-day holiday if the weather stays good.If large southerly swells show up we'll punt, but other than that it should be great.

Is anybody else headed that way this coming weekend ?

-Sven

Hi! Sven. My Ericson 30+ is at Holiday Harbor in MDr at slip # d2922. I am planning on going out on Sunday for a day sail and will see if we can meet up with you at Paradise Cove. Have a great weekend. Ed.

Sven

Seglare
Hi Ed,

ED CHADROFF said:
ariel
Hi! Sven. My Ericson 30+ is at Holiday Harbor in MDr at slip # d2922. I am planning on going out on Sunday for a day sail and will see if we can meet up with you at Paradise Cove. Have a great weekend. Ed.

We ended up not going Saturday morning because the weather was too foggy and dreary. We did start out on Sunday but got lazy and just daysailed.

Did you get out there and did you spend the night ?The main reason for turning back on Sunday was that the swells didn't seem as if they would make for a pleasant night. We've been there once when the conflicting wind and swell directions made for a very noisy night ... everything loose was airborne as we'd roll back and forth. Should have set a stern anchor except nobody else had and even if we were far enough apart I did't want to break with etiquette.

We still had a very nice weekend

-Sven