• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Good Advice from the Coast Guard

Dave G

Member II
My Father in-law was out in the San Juan Islands years ago cruising and monitoring the VHF. He hears a woman frantically calling the Coastguard. The Coastguard answers with the usual all business precision they are known for. The woman explains they are onboard a powerboat somewhere near San Juan Island and are being followed closely by an Orca Whale! What should they Do????

After a long pause with the usual seriousness the Coastguard answers, "Don't piss-off the Whale" :rolleyes:

True story :oops:

Dave G
E-29 Spirit
Bellingham, WA

Emerald

Right, and after I learn how not to piss off the spouse, I'll be sure to use the same tactics for the whales....

Luckily, my spouse is pretty tolerant of my sailing exploits :devil:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

chrism

Inactive Member
The kid who writes the best essay about the history of my town gets to go out on a Coast Guard boat with his parents and the teacher. One year, the CG got a call while giving the winner et al a tour of Boston harbor. The guests were forced into a small room, and the CGuardsmen went to work.

The best part of the story? The guy calling in had no idea where he was, no long/lat, no idea what island he was off of, and the only thing wrong was he was taking on very little water and had the battery to the bilge pump off.