• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

steping the mast

Malissa

I have a similar problem as the guy who was unsteping his mast for the first time, only I am steping my mast for the first time! I know it's seems kinda late in the year, but I just bought it and put it in last weekend. I'm determined to have SOME use of it this year, plus I have to get it home! Everything looks to be in good shape and the stays are pretty new looking. I just have no idea how to put the thing up. Of course I have to connect all my wiring to the mast first, but as to fastening all the stays I havent a clue. I have been told that a few strong people can put it up without the aid of a tower but I just dont see how! I have a 29' Ericson tall rig. Any helpfull hints?

Also I was thinking that I could motor it down the river about 2-3 miles to use the tower they have there. It is located in an open space so running into something is not a problem. Otherwise I would have to wait for 4 bridges to open for me just to get out!