• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

hobby horsing with 32-2

windjunkee

Member III
Hello all,

I and my friends are recent purchasers of a 1970 32-2. After 6 weeks of boat rehab (rebuilding the A-4, cleaning and fixin') we've gotten her out sailing. Last night we raced in the first of many tuesday night races and were generally pleased with her performance (Please Santa, all I want for christmas is a new set of racing sails).

However, we noticed that in the swells, the boat really hobby-horses when we're close hauled and even reaching when we're quarter-on to the swells. We're trying various things to move weight around to lessen the impact, but the serious rocking really scrubs speed and we're forced to fall off in order to regain momentum, losing more ground to the mark.

I understand that it could be the result of the narrow beam and high, tapered stern. However, I'm wondering if any of you experience this and have thought of/achieved an effective solution.

Voice of Reason Hull #134

jmoses

Member III
Hobby Horsing

Sounds like you have excessive weight in the bow and stern....classsic case of hobby horsing