• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mahogony plywood

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Does anyone know a source for marine mahogony plywood in the New England area?
My boat is on the Erie canal, where nobody knows where to find it, but I will be making a trip to Boston next week, and will detour whereven I need to for it.
Gareth

JohnE

Plywood

Gareth,

I used Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood, NH, maybe 1 1/4 hour drive north of Boston, 25 min. from Portsmouth or Manchester. www.highlandhardwoods.com

They stock non-marine grade mahogany ply. Marine-grade ply is a special order. A 4x8 sheet of 1/8" marine Honduran mahogany was $108. It was the perfect amount to replace all the paneling in the Turtle. I don't remember how long it took to come in, maybe a week or so.

If you like exotic wood, you *have* to see this place.

JohnE
S/V Naked Turtle
1972 E27

dave_g

Member II
Another source of hardwood and marine plywood

I usually buy my teak and marine plywood from Downes and Reader. They have various size marine mahogony plywood listed on their web site. Their phone # is 800-788-5568 and their plywood web site is:
http://www.downesandreader.com/plywood.html

They usually have a lot in stock, but I would call first to have them check stock. They are located in Stoughton (south of Boston).

Dave Gardner

GJ Jones

ML Condon Info

If only NY were the size of RI !!!
They are actually located VERY near the Greenhaven Prison (off the Taconic Pkwy) North of the I-84 Interchange. I did some business with them back in the day, and found them to be very reputable. Here is their info:
M L Condon Co Inc
55 S Greenhaven Rd
Stormville NY 12582
(845)221-8966

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
Sorry, I guess it is ML Condon. Anyway, here is the White Plains address:

Condon Lumber CO
250 Ferris Avenue, White Plains, NY 10603
(914) 946-4111

It's not open on Saturday. Cash or checks, only. No internet presence as far as I can tell. It has all sorts of exotic woods (like ebony) and does mill work.