• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anyone alive?

chrism

Inactive Member
If they did die, I hope that their funeral wasn't performed on an Ericson :D

Sorry, I had to.

corkhead

Julian Ashton
bay area ericsons

jmoses said:
Are there any Vikings in N. Ca. anymore?

Just curious,

John M.
I am alive and have been out there on the bay, perhaps we should pick a time and place for a rendevouz. I should be out sat or sunday
Julian
aerie 35-III

dwigle

Member III
We'll be out Saturday and Sunday. Spending the night at South Beach.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 hull #8 sail 8308

boatboy

Inactive Member
We're still here alive and well in Berkeley. A few weeks ago we had a fantastic weekend cruise to Half Moon Bay and back. eminded me why I love sailing out the Gate so much.

We would certainly be interested at any attempt of a rendevouz.

Greg and Melissa
E39-B Pacifica
Berkeley, CA

Barry Lindia

You guys are making me jealous. still a month and a half away from launch time. I still remeber the days when I could withstand a little east coast frostbite sailing

live slow sail fast

corkhead

Julian Ashton
Whadya know there is activity, I knew there was because I've spotted several Ericsons each time I have been out. The Half Moon Bay cruise sounds fun, I would like to do it with others ( couple of boats) who have experience out the gate (mine is all Bay experience in CA)

I will keep an eye out for Wiggle Room this weekend as I am berthed at South Beach E72.

Julian
Aerie E35-III

jmoses

Member III
Sail Expo?

Fellow Vikings,

anyone going to Sail Expo (or Strictly Sail now) in April? I usually try and get my boat over to Alameda for the show.

I'm in the midst of replacing my coaming boards in the cockpit and the WX won't cooperate..........RAIN :(

Anyway, I'm shooting for the April show to get the boat ready for sailing. Maybe a rondevous then or afterwards? Like a raft up, Angel Island deal or something else?

John Moses
1972 E-35 MKII - no name after 6 years of owneship.

ref_123

Member III
Still alive

Still alive, but baby comes first these days... See you on the water someday. Or, at the very least, at the boat show in April.

Regards,
Stanly

Last edited:

rssailor

Ericson Bay sailing

Hello,
There is life in the Nor Cal ericson sailors. Would be interested in a get together someplace around the bay area where owners could get together and swap tales and do some sailing. If anyone wants help organizing this, let me know. Ryan Ericson 25+ Moonglow Oakland YC

corkhead

Julian Ashton
sunday was a real nice day on the bay! met Don & Jan E38 'wiggle room' at south beach.
Strictly Sail at JLS in April would be fun. Let's pick a day (I am not sure the dates but am confident there is a Saturday involved), say Saturday at noon

Isn't it hard to find a docking spot ? Maybe a sailing meeting? tacking back and forth

julian

jmoses

Member III
Tornado near marina Sunday....

Pretty scary deal last Sunday ....March 20th. I was on me ol E-35 (Oyster Cove Marina) last Sunday getting caught up on the boat when the sky darkened and it started hailing (BB size). Shortly after that, the sky let loose with 1/4" hailstones for about 2 minutes. Then the wind hit 40+ knots and veered from SW to NE and back again - Branches were flying around and debris was in the air. It was freaky. It reminded me of a tornado front cloud in Kansas when I was living there as a kid. I never saw a funnel cloud, but I would have sworn one was near. I was looking for the flying "OZ" monkeys though!

Fast forward to Monday........ "Tornado hits South San Francisco!" "Approximately $1,000,000 in damage!" Then I'm off to the local West Marine and they saw the tornado from their front door and they are only a mile away from my boat. The store had the front doors broken, a billboard nearby was busted and a few trees blew down.....pretty close I'd say.

Oh well, have to be in CA to get hit by a tornado after 10 years in Kansas with no problems.

All I can say is I felt sorry for the poor sea gull on my stern that was hammered by the hail as he sat it out on the water.....OUCH!

John M.

erobitaille

Member II
Comming Home

Hello All,

Well we are new to the Bay boating seen as of today. Our E-381 left San Diego this AM for the trip North :egrin: Hopyfully we can all get together some time this summer. We will be docking Allegria at Marina Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond.

Pat & Ed Robitaille
S/V Allegria E-381 Hull 64

boatboy

Inactive Member
Hi Pat and Ed,

We are Melissa, Greg and Matey and sail on an Ericson 39B based out of Berkeley. We had a raft up last summer with several other Ericsons and would be happy to repeat it this year - in fact, maybe this is a good time to set a date?

We noticed you had a doggie pic in your signature...does this mean you also have an additional four legged crew member? If so, you might be interested in the fact that we do too -- it would be Matey. We have a website of her adventures (sailing and land) if you'd like to see at www.queserasailing.com . It might also be a good place for you to see some of the local cruising grounds.

Last year we did the raft up at Clipper Cove (Treasure Island) and it worked out well as the cove is very protected and there is a great little beach.

In addition to cruises inside the Bay, we are also interested in doing cruises to Drake's and Half Moon Bays. Please let us know if anyone else is interested in doing this and we can be sure to let you know when we plan to go.

Melissa, Greg, and Matey

dwigle

Member III
welcome home Pat and Ed

Congrats on your new boat. Our 38 is in Brickyard Cove down the channel from Marina Bay. We spent a few years at Marina Bay with our old boat Ripple. Look forward to seeing you on the bay.

Don and Jan Wigle
Wiggle Room (but still says Nereid)

corkhead

Julian Ashton
Bay gathering this summer

It seems the momentum is growing. I suggest we pick a weekend and all (local Ericson Owners) meet at Ayala cove or somewhere and meet each other. I'll throw out June 18th @ 1pm for now.

Julian E35-III
Aerie

erobitaille

Member II
Boatboy

Melissa, Greg, & Matey

The raft up sounds great and I see several other folks have chimed in. No the 4 legged buddy is gone. The pic is actually Eddie from the TV show Frazer, some how it has been attached to me. Not sure if it's because he is cute or just a dog.