• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-25

Paul Scotford

Inactive Member
i have recently purchased a 73 e25 and was wondering if there are many ericson owners in the Clearwater Area. I am a total newbie when it comes to sailing (last time was about 15 years ago in a pram) and looking for as much advice as i can get.

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 168
  • boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 171
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 161
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 168
  • boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

soup1438

Member II
My E-25 is a 1974

I'm not a whole lot better at sailing but my E-25 is down along the Boca Ciega Bay.

It looks like yours could use as much work as mine-- as it is, I have to replace the forward hatch *and* the companionway slide. It looks like yours has been clooged up a bit.

You can e-mail me at soup@tampabay.rr.com and we can exchange more details.

Attachments

• a-pic00001.jpg
    a-pic00001.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 140

gjersvik

Member II
Congratulations!

Paul Scotford said:
i have recently purchased a 73 e25 and was wondering if there are many ericson owners in the Clearwater Area. I am a total newbie when it comes to sailing (last time was about 15 years ago in a pram) and looking for as much advice as i can get.
Congratulations on joining the fraternal order of Vikings :egrin: While I'm not local to you I am in the process of improving my E-25, so feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, my e-mail is charlie@gjersvik.ws. The first thing you need to do is go sailing, time will take care of the rest.

Paul Scotford

Inactive Member
Thanks. This weekend will be my first time out on her plus taking next week off work so i can get some work done on her. Ill let you guys know how it goes. :egrin:

Paul

Last edited:

soup1438

Member II
Week-end of 1/29-1/30...

Paul, you mentioned being in/near Clearwater; I'm down by Boca Ciega bay... which is a LONNNNGGGGG way to go on a small kicker. (8HP? 9.9?)

Weather permitting (forecasts indicate it should be a lot nicer on Saturday) (check out
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=33706
for local weather information) I'm hoping to do some flouncing around myself... though I'm down by Boca Ciega Bay (and listening on ch16, of course).

The nice thing about Florida is that we don't have an exorbitantly long "Maintenance Season"... :)

Bend some Wind, Bro!

BTW, I take it that your E25 has a centerboard; mine is a fixed-keel w/ the "tall rig"...

I'm getting ideas looking at your replaced for'd hatch and companionway slide.