• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

so cal sailors were are they

eric35II

Member I
i haven't seen a new post here in the so cal section......i wonder how many of us there and where in so cal they sail out of..

happy holidays

happy boating
greg

35 II wilimgton......

Arkiebar

So Cal Ericsons

I have E 35-II '76 in San Diego. Harbor Island West Marina (if last night's storm didn't blow it away). There are another 2 35's next to me and Olsen 34.

Jim Holmberg
Arkiebar

Lew Decker

Member III
SoCal Ericsons

I have an Ericson 39B (1977) in Mission Bay - San Diego - There is an E35 just down the dock from me, but I see other Ericsons everytime I go out. It seems as though they don't know about the BB.

bigtyme805

Member III
Channels Islands

I sail out of Channel Islands. I have an E-27. A lot of Ericson owners don't know about this site. Every time I run into one I tell them about it.

One thing I have noticed is that not many post on the Southern Cal section. Surprising, because we have some of the best sailing in the country with the Channel Islands and Catalina.

Dr. Anderson
E-27
Channel Islands

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
SoCal sailing

Not only do we have some of the finest sailing, but Ericsons were made here in our backyards. It is a bit surprising that there isn't more representation from SoCal.

Keith :confused:

Davis Modlin

Inactive Member
Keith Parcells said:
Not only do we have some of the finest sailing, but Ericsons were made here in our backyards. It is a bit surprising that there isn't more representation from SoCal.

Keith :confused:

Some of us drop in once and a while. It gets a little more active during the summer.

Davis
E29
Holy Guacamole
Ventura :egrin:

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Yes,
It always struck me as odd that there is a high concentration
of Ericsons in So Cal, (the factory used to be here) and there
is no official rendezvous for owners. We tried to get something
going with PS about 10 years ago out at Catalina and the turn
out for that event was less than stellar with just a handfull
of Ericsons showing up.

Martin
E31C

Last edited:

Mikebat

Member III
I'm a brand new Ericson owner. My 1989 E32-200 is lying in Sausalito at the moment at the broker's dock, but will soon be transiting to Marina del Rey.
Judging from the hull id, it looks like it is hull #834. :egrin:

Last edited:

bigtyme805

Member III
Congrats

Mike, congratulations on your purchase. How is it being transported down to Marina Del Rey? That would be a wild sail this time of year, especially with all the storms we have had.

Good luck with your new Ericson, you will find everybody very helpful on this site.

Dr. Anderson
E-27
Channel Islands/Santa Barbara

NGB

Member II
I sail our E28 out of Harbor Island in San Diego. I would like to say I don't post much because I am too busy sailing, but that is not the case.

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey All So. Cal. Ericson Folks!

Hey All So. Cal. Ericson Folks,

Skipper Jeff of the 1973 E-27 "Pride of Cucamonga" reading you all loud and clear. I am still at Cabrillo Marina in San Pedro. Hopefully we can coordinate a gathering at Catalina when the weather improves. I know it's a bit of a haul for Ventura & San Diego folks but I have crashed a few Cal meets at Howlings Landing and it's fun to see the comradery of the Cal owners. I'd like to see the same thing with the Vikings happen some time.

Also a personal hello to Ian at Redondo!

Skipper Jeff, Out

"Pride of Cucamonga"
1973 E-27
Hull #355 :egrin: :egrin:

bigtyme805

Member III
Jeff:

I second that. It would be a trek for me to Catalina from Channel Islands but I would be willing to sail it if we had a group showing up. Maybe I can muster up a few owners of Ericson's in Oxnard, Ventura area. Any date in mind?

Dr. Anderson
E-27
Channel Islands

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Regarding a So. Cal. Viking Gathering,

Hey Don,
Regarding a So. Cal. Viking Gathering,

Wind conditions start to become a little more predictable in April and May. Less chance of a Santa Anna or a South Easter. We could try to gather at one of the coves at the west end, like Emerald or Howlings but the beaches are somewhat private. LA Yacht Club is at Howlings and I think Emerald is Boys Club or Boy Scouts? Or we could just meet at Two Harbors or Cat Harbor. Personally I am not that interested in Avalon. This may take a little research depending on how many are interested. Might have to look into securing facilities at one of the mooring coves for beach access from one of the private parties. Any ideas?

Nice to hear from you. I would still be willing to drive up some weekend to see your E-27.

Jeff

bigtyme805

Member III
Hi Jeff:

Lets see what kind of response we get from the So Cal owners. I will be curious on this one.

I am heading down to the Sea of Cortez on the E-27 around October this year. I am going to do some cruising. Will have the boat shipped back. Too long of sail to come back so will be one way trip. I will keep you posted on when I get close. Just had a new dodger put on and a new motor. Having the boat painted this month. She will look brand new, May have her re-rigged but I am not sure. Also thinking about having new windows put in, but originals don't leak so I don't know.

Heading down to the boat today. 101 South has been closed at La Conchita and that is the only way to get to my boat, want to make sure she is still floating.

Hope all is well with you. I was thinking you could come down one Saturday and we could sail to Anacapa Island. It is a quick daysail from the Channel Islands.

Im out
Don

wiland

So CAl Ericsons

Just picked up a 1983 E-28 and brought it down to my slip in Oceanside Harbor. Plan to make a bunch of trips to Catalina and San Diego.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey Don,

I am sorry but I missed your message because the notification of your post went to my work address and I wasn't there on Saturday. I would have loved to have sailed to Anacapa with you. Wow, your doing some major improvements. I got a estimate on a paint job (LP) deck & hull = 3k. Let me know if your getting a better deal. As for my self, new sails will have to come first. I did some day sailing on Sunday not much wind but is was great to be on the water. I was hoping to see some whales.

What is the cost to have your boat shipped back from Mexico? Are you shipping it by land or sea? My father had his 25' Bayfield shipped back from Alaska to Seattle on a barge for $500. bucks about 10 years ago. Needless to say he got a deal. I just might be interested in following you down to Mexico depending on how long the cruise is and the cost of shipping the boat back is.

Hope we can spark some interest in a Catalina gathering of Ericson owners in So. Cal. still.

Jeff, Out.