• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

lake sailor

egroussman

I grew up on Carlyle.... is Boulder Marina still there?

My family grew up on Carlyle. We had 25' Ericson named Puff, and were very active in racing on the lake. We used to dock out of Boulder Marina, great family place at the time with the park adjacent.

Just wondering how the lake, islands and parks are.....

davemitchell

Member I
Carlyle still is fine as ever. I'm sailing out of west access. Everyone said with a 4'11" draft I would have problems at Boulder. Still a great family place. Just had the fireworks at the dam for the 4th of july. How long you been gone?

egroussman

Dave,
We left to move to Texas in 1980, but yes Boulder was a pain in summertime. We had a 25' Ericson named Puff, at the time, and literally had to drag the boat through the channel on more than one occasion, and that was a centerboard version. The motor boaters were great about going out and "dredging" the channel for us sailors.... we couldn't have sailed part of the summer without them... surprised to see that it is still a problem 20 years later....

I did like the marina, and the islands being so close. It made it great when the parents went out in the 25', and us teenagers could take the daysailer out to the islands and catch up with our friends.....

4th of July was always great... we had some major bottlerocket wars, 2 teams, each take an island and go at it...... can see why they were banned after seeing around 25 gross of bottlerockets worth of sticks floating around the next day...... but we were kids then.....